Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy!
Youth in Action for Development (YAD) is inviting applications from suitably qualified compatriots to fill in the following vacant position:
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for Agriculture and Food Security Project
- Applicant must have relevant tertiary qualification and experience in the above field
- Be confident in oral and written English
- Have appreciable computer knowledge
Applicants who meet the following additional criteria will be likely considered first:
- Ability to communicate with project beneficiaries in Mende
- Readiness to relocate to, or at least, spend much time in Nyawa Chiefdom throughout project implementation
- Be an indigene of Constituency 017 (Nyawa, Small Bo and Langurama Chiefdoms)
- Ability to ride Excel Motorbike
- Readiness to sign YAD’s special “Rules of Alliance”
Interested candidates are requested to submit applications including copies of academic credentials, contact telephone numbers and names of two referees to:
The Project Coordinator
Youth in Action for Development
7 Kobba Street, Kenema
Deadline: Friday, 8th August 2014.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview.
YAD is a non-governmental, non-religious, non-tribal, non-political and non-profitmaking organization working with and for the youths in Kenema District, eastern Sierra Leone, in the following thematic areas:
- Governance and Peace Building: campaign against ethnic based politics, gender discrimination, human-right violations, domestic and politically motivated violence through dialogue, sport and social mobilization activities
- Standard Education: school construction, provision of learning materials an stipend for teachers
- Agriculture and food security for female and youth headed households
- Basic literacy and skill training including Information and Communication Technology (ICT), carpentry, dress-making and metal welding for underprivileged youths